Click ‘Sign Up’ to join the Brainwave Klim Swim Challenge. Once you register as an individual you’ll have your own Fundraising page. You’ll then have the option to create, or join, a team.
It's easy, and fun, to register. Need help? Visit our FAQs
Set your goal
Set your swimming distance goal – how far are you going to swim to raise money for children with brain injuries and illness?
Every stroke, every kilometre and every dollar makes a difference to the lives of Brainwave children. and their families.
Personalise your fundraising page by uploading a profile picture and explaining why you are swimming in March. Your profile page is now ready to share on social media or via email with your friends, colleagues, and network. Click here to find resources you can use to share and promote your challenge.
Ten children a day are diagnosed with neurological conditions or acquired brain injuries. They, and their families, will never be the same again. They face financial hardship through losing a breadwinner to be the 24/7 carer, social isolation, exhaustion, guilt, family breakdown and frustration with the health and disability systems.
Started by one of these parents in 1994, today Brainwave Australia has partnerships with all the children’s hospitals and supports over 1,200 children and their families to live the best lives they can.
At least another 300 children and families will seek our support in 2023.
Your fundraising will enable Brainwave to provide essential therapy and equipment to these children and to help families build the awareness, strength and resilience they need through information and advice, networking and parent peer support, and a range of activities for children and siblings, as well as the whole family.
The amount you raise will enable Brainwave to...
$50 pays for a child or family member to go to the annual Brainwave Christmas Party
$100 pays for a sibling to go to a 'kids and sibs' day with their brother sister
$250 pays for a child or family member to attend the annual Brainwave camp
$500 provides a used tandem bike to enable a child to go on bike rides with their family
$1,000 is the average cost to support a family for a year
$2,000 provides a second skin body suit for a child with cerebral palsy to help them control their muscle movements
$5,000 provides mobility and joy for a child with a customised trike
Tips & Resources
- Start training now – the more time you have to prepare before the swim the better.
- Get your family all involved in taking part in the Challenge by signing them up as a team (with their permission, of course!)
- Ask your family, friends and colleagues to sponsor you a dollar (or more) per kilometre swum
- Ask your employer to match the donations you raise (up to a limit), or they might even do a one-off donation instead.
- Spread the word on your socials with our Resources - Remember, if you’re sharing via Instagram then links aren’t clickable in a post, so make sure you also put the link to your fundraising page in your bio.
- Get your school or business to sign up as a team and promote it with our Resources – You could even organise a big swim day, or evening and get everyone to swim as much as they can in the one day to boost their monthly tally.
- Arrange a morning tea at work to spread the word and raise money. You can print the poster in Resources and play our video. To find out more about collecting cash or cheque donations, click here
- Remind your family, friends and colleagues with follow ups. You can send emails from within your profile, or you can share your own personal URL via your own email. Sometimes people don’t donate as they’ve simply forgotten, don’t be worried to reach out again.
Use the resources below or if you’d like more support, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank you for fundraising for children with brain illnesses and injuries and their families. All donations that you raise over $2 are tax deductible, and when you raise donations through your individual fundraising page you will receive:
Raise your first $30 and you'll get an exclusive Brainwave Klim Swim Challenge Cap
Show off poolside with your very own Brainwave Klim Swim Challenge T-shirt
Raise $300, and you'll get a Brainwave Klim Swim Challenge Super Hero Certificate, signed by Michael Klim
Raise $500, and you'll get a shiny Brainwave Klim Swim Challenge Medal
The person who raises the most funds during the Challenge Month will receive a priceless personal coaching session with Olympian Michael Klim!